Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How it came to be - bre

I have wanted to move into a house for a while now. Apartment living is not bad, don’t get me wrong; it’s actually quite nice to not have to maintain a yard, as well as have your air vents changed for you! I think it was this Christmas time when I was really ready to be in a home, not an apartment. I wanted a house to put lights on, and my own snowy yard. NOT TO MENTION a driveway that I can shovel, JUST FOR ME; not shoveling 6 parking spots for my greedy neighbors to take. 

I am a teacher, and Matt is a youth pastor…needless to say we don’t have a ton of money. The only way we were going to be able to look for houses was if we could get down payment assistance. We qualified for a Teacher Bond (we thought, that story later). Thus began our 2 month search for a house.
Our realtor, Scott Hildebrandt, began showing us houses. I was so excited about the first 5-10 homes, but then I started getting realistic. I started thinking about what things were important to me in a home. The search narrowed in criteria, and broadened in location. There were some nice homes, and some dumps.
Matt and I searched from January 1, 2011, to February 28, 2011. We put an offer on a home we thought was just perfect for us. It was not rejected; instead the seller came back with an increased asking price! – That was not our house. 

Our apartment lease was ending; we would have to be out by March 28. Luckily, we found the perfect house just before spring break! My mom and dad found it online, and Scott set up a viewing. Matt saw the house and called me to come see it. I knew the instant I saw it, that that was our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment